Karl Marginson and his FC UNITED OF MANCHESTER will be the visitors to the Victoria Stadium on Saturday, (December 17th 2011), kick off for the clash of the titans is at 3pm.
- Andy Preece will be without Midfielder Michael Roddy and Defender Tom Smyth for the visit of FC United of Manchester as both are suspended. Roddy has picked up 5 yellow cards, whilst Smyth saw red against Stocksbridge.
- Jordan Johnson signed on a permanent basis, before the visit of Fleetwood Town and added to his tally in this game as he has now scored 8 times in 11 appearances.
- Karl Marginson could have upto 3 former trickies in the ranks when the Manchester club visit Northwich, namely goal keeper James Spencer, Defender Karl Munroe and Winger Carlos Roca.
- FC United will look to bounce back from defeat, after their FA Trophy exit at the hands of higher ranked Guiseley. They sit in 7th in the Evo Stik League, with 10 points less than their opponents Northwich Victoria.
- FC gaffer, Marginson will not be able to over see his teams exploits in the Doodson Cup tonight (Wednesday, 15th December 2011) as he was taken ill, but is hoping to be back fit again to travel with his squad to play Vics.
Comments from Andy Preece after the point deduction. (Comments made to Andy Simpson - Northwich Guardian)
“We’ll fight even harder now,”
“The players have been aware for a while that this was a possibility, so they were prepared for a worst case scenario.”
“It’s important to stay as focused on football as possible,” added Preece.
“Our spirit is strong, this just makes us more resolute.”
GK... Ben Hinchliffe, Arron Morrison
DF... John Disney, Graeme Law, Ian Kearney, Lewis Short, Cliff Moyo
MF... Kyle Armstrong, Wayne Riley, Tom Field, Steve Abbott, Sean Kinsella
MF / ST... Nathan Woolfe, Paul Ennis, Jordan Johnson
ST... Michael Clarke, Ryan Wade, Chris Budrys, Tony Evans
Injured... Steve Abbott (Achilles), Tony Evans (Groin)
Suspended.... Michael Roddy and Tom Smyth
FC United of Manchester
GK... James Spencer
DF... Paul Armstrong, Kyle Jacobs, Adam Jones, Karl Munroe, Lee Neville, Dan Stott
MF... Jake Cottrell, Daniel Grimshaw, Samuel Howell, Stephen Johnson, Nick Platt, Greg Stones, Matthew Tierney
ST... Ben Deegan, Theo Kidd, Mike Norton, Carlos Roca, Jay Walcott, Matthew Wolfenden, M Bolland, Ashley Mullholland
Form and Statistics...
Northwich defeated Blue Square bet Premier side Fleetwood Town in their last game on the field with a superb 3 - 1 to qualifty for the second round of the FA Trophy, in a game in which some say is one of the best performances to date. In contrast FC United of Manchester didn't qualifty for the next round of the Trophy as they were beaten 2 goals to nil by Guiseley.
Other results for the Trickies include Wins against Ilkeston and Stocksbridge and a defeat at the hands of Chorley.
Leading Scorers and Clean Sheets
Wayne Riley - 12 (Northwich Victoria)
Michael Norton - 8 (FC United of Manchester LEAGUE ONLY)
Ben Hinchcliffe (GK) - 13 (Northwich Victoria)
James Spencer (GK) - 6 (FC United of Manchester)
Northwich Victoria Recent Form...
W23 D3 L4 GF71 GA30 (In all Competitions)
L - vs Chorley 1 - 3
D - vs Ilkeston (FAT 3QR) 1 - 1
W - vs Ilkeston (FAT 3QR REPLAY) 5 - 1
W - vs Stocksbridge Park Steels 2 - 0
W - vs Fleetwood Town 3 - 1 (FAT 1)
FC United of Manchester Recent Form...
(LEAGUE) W10 D5 L6 GF 44 GA 30
W - vs Kendal Town 1 - 0
W - vs Altrincham (FAT) 2 - 1
D - vs Nantwich Town 1 - 1
D - vs Chorley 0 - 0
L - vs Guiseley (FAT) 0 - 2
The Trickies vs The Rebels
Saturday, October 24th 2009. (FA Cup)
Northwich Victoria 3 - 0 FC United of Manchester
Northwich then of the Conference North, defeated FC United, with a scoreline of 3 - 0 with a bumper crowd of 2,615. Wayne Riley slotted home (Pictured above celebrating), aswell as a Mark Danks penalty and an own goal from FC United defender Tong, sealed a route into the FA Cup proper and a 3 - 0 victory for Victoria.
Saturday, November 13th 2010
Northwich Victoria 1 - 0 FC United of Manchester
Andy Fowler’s second half strike ended FC United of Manchester’s run of consecutive victories - seven coming into this match - and saw Andy Preece’s men return to winning ways in the Evo-Stik Premier Division.
Vics Line Up
Spencer (GK), Collins, Thompson, Woods, Cherel, Riley, Henry, McAliskey, Fowler, Rowe
Subs... Crane, Summerskill, Flowers, Fitzpatrick and McArdle
The Club highly recommend that you arrive early, to reduce queueing on the day of the game.
£12 (Victoria Stand - Seated) £10 (Danebank Terraces)
£10 (Victoria Stand) £8 (Danebank Terraces)
YOUTHS (Under 16s) and STUDENTS
£5 (Victoria Stand and Danebank Terraces)
CHILDREN (Under 12s)
£2 (Victoria Stand and Danebank Terraces)
CAR PARK £2
MATCHDAY PROGRAMME £2
Photos - Paul Simpson (Northwich Guardian)
PLEASE COME ON DOWN TO THE VICTORIA STADIUM ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON, AND CHEER ON THE TRICKIES. WE VALUE YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT